What's new

Cannot save new apps on Micro SD Card

2gbuser

I can backup and save documents, music, video and pictures to my Micro SD Card but I cannot assign my Micro SD Car as the place to save new apps. Even when I hit the apply button, it returns to this PC. Anyone else experiencing this? When I select apply button also, all the others return to This PC. Weird?

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

If you are talking about Store apps it can't be done. If you are talking about desktop apps you install(ed), only those apps that can be installed to a different location, (many can't) would install to the SD card. None can simply be moved.

OP

2gbuser

Thanks for your reply. What I am trying is from the Settings, System and then Storage. This is where you can select Save Locations for New Apps. If I try to select my SD Card, it does not select after I do the Apply button.

leeshor

I can get mine to change the save location for pictures and music but it doesn't seem to work as expected for some and the apps one is working the same as yours. Not sure what's going on. Have you been able to move or copy things manually to the SD card?

OP

2gbuser

Yes, manually I can use the SD Card. I have even assigned it as the backup drive as well and it is ok. In fact, before I was able to check an app I installed and it saved into the card. I am not really sure what happened. Even if I remove and insert again, nothing changes.

RogerB

Welcome to the forum

If you are talking about Store apps it can't be done. If you are talking about desktop apps you install(ed), only those apps that can be installed to a different location, (many can't) would install to the SD card. None can simply be moved.

My problem is that I select the options to save to the SD card, click apply and that's ok. If put the machine to sleep and wake up the options I selected are still SD card. But if I shut down and come back later the options have reverted to this PC and I have to manually reselect 'save to SD card' Basically my SP3 does not remember my options.

The SD card is still showing as an available drive.

Anyone advise?

Last edited: