What's new

Can't access the App store

ILGal

New SP 3 user (4 days ago). Loving the device so far, but this morning an issue popped up that I can't resolve.

Clicking on the icon for the Store in Apps results in nothing but a green screen with the Windows logo and some spinning circles....the app never launches. Some time ago, I removed the Store tile from the Start menu but it still shows up under Apps when I swipe up from the bottom so I don't think I completely deleted it.

I haven't been able to find anything in Google-land about how to fix this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Val in rainy IL

malberttoo

New SP 3 user (4 days ago). Loving the device so far, but this morning an issue popped up that I can't resolve.

Clicking on the icon for the Store in Apps results in nothing but a green screen with the Windows logo and some spinning circles....the app never launches. Some time ago, I removed the Store tile from the Start menu but it still shows up under Apps when I swipe up from the bottom so I don't think I completely deleted it.

I haven't been able to find anything in Google-land about how to fix this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Val in rainy IL

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I just wanted to make sure you've covered the basics, have you rebooted your SP3 since your issue started?

OP
I

ILGal

I was just hopping back on here to say it started working again after a reboot. Great minds think alike. :) Thanks for the quick response!

Bandito

I've seen this a few times in the past. Occasionally, it means that the Store is down, but I just checked and it's working for me right now. It could also be because your SP3 has lost its Internet connection. You can disconnect and reconnect to your network or reboot to try to resolve this issue.

Finally, if all else fails, some of the cached files, settings, and whatnot used by the Store app may have gotten corrupted and caused it not to start. To correct this, go to the Charms bar (swipe in from the right hand side of the screen and search for wsreset.exe. Touch it or click on it to run it and it will cleanup the files and settings for the Windows Store and should resolve the problem.

ctitanic

I would recommend you to read this thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ont-open/5b7d5c6f-1d09-4963-8ae0-b6c51e835920

or execute these commands from a Dos Windows opened as Administrator:

IF EXIST "%SystemRoot%\System32\actxprxy.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\regsvr32.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\actxprxy.dll"
IF EXIST "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\regsvr32.exe" "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"
IF EXIST "%WinDir%\SysWOW64\actxprxy.dll" "%WinDir%\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe" "%WinDir%\SysWOW64\actxprxy.dll"
IF EXIST "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll" "%WinDir%\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll"