What's new

Can't arrange tiles by touch?

CrippsCorner

Hi guys... was trying to do some arranging the other day, but my Surface has decided to not let me use this function anymore! When I hold a finger on a tile, it 'jigs' then a small tick faintly appears in the top right hand corner for about half a second, and a line (kind of like a thin scroll bar) appears at the bottom of the screen. Then whilst still holding down on the tile, it returns to normal like I never touched it.

I can still arrange perfectly by using the stylus.

Any ideas on this one!?

mitchellvii

Hi guys... was trying to do some arranging the other day, but my Surface has decided to not let me use this function anymore! When I hold a finger on a tile, it 'jigs' then a small tick faintly appears in the top right hand corner for about half a second, and a line (kind of like a thin scroll bar) appears at the bottom of the screen. Then whilst still holding down on the tile, it returns to normal like I never touched it.

I can still arrange perfectly by using the stylus.

Any ideas on this one!?

My Modern UI started doing this shortly before refusing to open apps at all. Make a backup and get ready for a refresh.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

DOS

If I understand you correctly, to re-arrange a tile on the Start Screen, drag the tile downward slightly and then begin moving it... so touch and drag down. If you drag it downward then release, it will check the tile for selection.