What's new

Can't connect to MS Store on Surface2?

Nocturnal

Hey everyone,

encountered a weird problem today, and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

When I click on the Store app, the green screen and shopping bag comes up, but the activity indicator just keeps spinning, never loading the store.

Am I unique or are others experiencing this problem too? I tried a refresh restore, and that did not fix it, and am now wondering if I should do a full system restore back to factory settings.

I have no problems logging into other accounts such as Xbox Live.

-Todd

Omni

I'm also having this issue. Was just going to leave it and see if it fixed itself :). Hasn't yet :(

kristalsoldier

No issues here - but then again, I am connecting from the UK. OTOH, yesterday, there was a problem. The Store was showing an update and whenever I went to install it said no updates were available. The app also crashed a number of times. The one app showed up the update list (Music app) and that was updated after which things stabilized.

Omni

I've found the process 'Store broker' has been taking up a lot of CPU time at the same time the store stopped working. Heres the fix:

1.Open Task Manager and end the 'Store' and 'Store Broker' tasks.
2.Open 'C:\Users\{User}\AppData\Local\Packages\winstore_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState' directory.
3.Rename the “Cache” directory/folder to “Cache.old”
4.Create a new “Cache” folder/directory

Store is working fine now and as yet not high CPU usage.