What's new

Cant Launch Steam Games

ukzerosniper

Hi Guys,

I'm in the UK and just received my SurfaceBook - i7 16Gb Ram 512Gb HDD with the nvidia GPU.

When I try to launch steam games with the base / keyboard attached they always crash and will not load. If i disconnect the keyboard, it will load perfectly.

Also, i am finding that often, when I boot the device with the keyboard attached, the camera will not load, it just sits there waiting to load.

Also, the rotation lock seems super buggy, it often gets stuck locked.

Also, they detach keyboard button often doesn't work, it just comes up with a red light. Often when it does work, it doesn't give the safe to remove notification in windows.

Anyone else experiencing any of these issues?

Thanks guys.

fonzman78

Hi Guys,

I'm in the UK and just received my SurfaceBook - i7 16Gb Ram 512Gb HDD with the nvidia GPU.

When I try to launch steam games with the base / keyboard attached they always crash and will not load. If i disconnect the keyboard, it will load perfectly.

Also, i am finding that often, when I boot the device with the keyboard attached, the camera will not load, it just sits there waiting to load.

Also, the rotation lock seems super buggy, it often gets stuck locked.

Also, they detach keyboard button often doesn't work, it just comes up with a red light. Often when it does work, it doesn't give the safe to remove notification in windows.

Anyone else experiencing any of these issues?

Thanks guys.

I just kicked off Fallout 4 on Steam and have been playing for the last 30 min without any problems. Perhaps make sure that all updates have been downloaded and installed since you just purchased your SB.

OP
U

ukzerosniper

Ok. Just to confirm.

Does your surfacebook have the additional nVidia GPU?

If yes, have you set fallout to use it? (Control Panel > nVidia Control Panel > Program Settings)

Ill install fallout and give it a test.

Thanks for the response.