What's new

Can't turn off back camera when using Google video chat

acenyc

I have MS surface with win 8 pro. When I use google video chat, I can't turn off the back camera. The other person can only see the video from the back camera. The front camera does work because when I use it just camera mode I can see the video from the front camera. How do I turn the back camera off?
Thanks

jrajgopal

Fron Camera on Surface with Google Hangouts

I have MS surface with win 8 pro. When I use google video chat, I can't turn off the back camera. The other person can only see the video from the back camera. The front camera does work because when I use it just camera mode I can see the video from the front camera. How do I turn the back camera off?
Thanks

I have the exact same problem. Camera works fine on other apps like Skype but not on Surface running Windows 8. Please let me know if you had any pointers for solving this issue.

CheyenneDonna

I have the exact same problem. Camera works fine on other apps like Skype but not on Surface running Windows 8. Please let me know if you had any pointers for solving this issue.

The settings for selecting the front camera are in the Google Hangout Window; apparently the rear camera is selected by default. You only have the option while in a video hangout; but, it remembers your selection.

mervincm

This problem exists on preyproject as well. There is a easy change via editing a config file that works perfectly. don't have it handy but it was easy to find via google.