Caution installing additonal software

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Forum' started by leeshor, Jan 24, 2015.

1. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Some people have already found that they are having issues with anti virus programs installing, and/or behaving on Windows 10. I would have expected that myself. Most anti virus software runs at the system level and is very tightly bound to what the OS is doing. This same issue cropped up with Windows 7, even after the final release. Some companies were quicker to come out with updated/upgraded software than others.

Another big problem I suspect we will see is any multi function printer that doesn't have native driver support in Windows. When Windows 7 was release many people found they could print but not scan or copy or fax, (kinda cuts the muti out of the function).

If you have MF printer or AV issues, do without or go back to 8.1 if it's critical to you.

2. ScottyS

ScottyS Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I got it to work. I have a HP LaserJet 200 color MPF M276nw on my home WiFi network. While Win10 sees it as a printer it didn't see it as a scanner. In the HP Scan and Capture app from the MS Store it didn't see it so I manually put in it's IP address and voilĂ ! It works.

The scan app that comes in Win10 still doesn't see it but fortunately (for me) HP has a Win8 app in the MS Store.

3. leeshor

My Device:
    SPro4
    To be fair, the issues people had with printers were not typically with the more mainstream printers unless they had used a newer and different technology embedded in the firmware. But when Windows 7 AND 8 came out my customers had their share of problems.

Printer have coma a long way in the last 5 years or so and have become easier to configure.

4. leeshor

My Device:
    SPro4
    As an update on the printer issues. It would appear that for the most part printer drivers from Windows 7 and or 8.1 should also work on Windows 10.

5. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Good to know!