What's new

Charge a surface pro

LazyGuy

I started a new job and the handed me a surface pro that they have had for a while and does not have a charger.
I am very unfamiliar with the surface products.
I looked online to purchase a charger and keep finding the magnetic chargers and don't see where to attach on aside from where the keyboard is attached. I see a micro usb that if I leave it plugged in for days it will eventually charge. What am I missing here?

scottw03

I started a new job and the handed me a surface pro that they have had for a while and does not have a charger.
I am very unfamiliar with the surface products.
I looked online to purchase a charger and keep finding the magnetic chargers and don't see where to attach on aside from where the keyboard is attached. I see a micro usb that if I leave it plugged in for days it will eventually charge. What am I missing here?

If you have a micro USB port on the right side, then it isn't a pro model. It is a surface 3.

The surface 3 is the smaller version. It has a weaker processor than then the Pro models.

The magnetic chargers are for the pro models. The pro models have a shallow slot on the right side below the USB 3 port for the charger to slide magnetically into.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps post a picture of the device from the front angled to the right.
A Surface Pro doesn't have a micro USB port.
The Surface 3 is charged with a micro USB and with a 12W 2.4A USB charger and a good quality cable it will charge in 5-6 hours.