What's new

Charging Issues

psnative

Replaced the wire that plugs into the wall & I am still having issues with my SP1 not charging. Is it possibly a software issue that maybe a redo would fix?

OP
psnative

psnative

ok, been about a week & i'm pretty sure the new charger fixed the problem. Almost hoping the computer was toast so i could dump this dinosaur for an sp3.

OP
psnative

psnative

Well, spoke too soon. Had an issue with an extension plug at work which was the plug that I first noticed it not charging on...then the problem got worse after 6 months to any plug...wondering if the extension is the problem, always sparks when i plug it in.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, spoke too soon. Had an issue with an extension plug at work which was the plug that I first noticed it not charging on...then the problem got worse after 6 months to any plug...wondering if the extension is the problem, always sparks when i plug it in.
Sparking is not good, at best its straining the charger. I have seen this with laptops if you plugin the charger when its connected to the laptop but generally not if its disconnected. if that's not the case there might be a circuit problem at that location. Even with a cheap charger its too coincidental that it would fail plugging into the same circuit... you sure that circuit is the correct voltage... ;)