What's new

Charging port on power brick

Joe Torres

I noticed that when I plug a micro usb charging cord on power brick port I get issues. It seems my phone and tablet can't charge at same time when plugged into wall outlet?

I have the Galaxy S6 Edge and SP3 i7 with 8gb, why wouldn't the power brick port charge my phone at the same time? It seems to flash between the both.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems the only times i see this issue raise it's head is with samsung phones. Mine has no issues whatsoever. I've been using mine to charge both my SP4/3 and Surface 3 alongside each other all christmas without an issue.

OP
Joe Torres

Joe Torres

Hmm, I wonder if this is because of the charging amps needed to charge Samsung phones? How many amps does the brick put out?

leeshor

It works with my (older) Samsung Galaxy S4 and my LG G4 but I do feel like amps must have something to do with it. I have a tester to measure what the attached device is drawing but can't tell you anything if I don't have that device. I have no idea of the possible output amps of the charger.

Sir Guy Mann

I use it to charge my Band 2 but if the surface is also plugged in the band won't charge. I'm sure it's not the amps because I can't see the Band drawing a lot of current.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Strangely i am getting the opposite today. When i plug a device into the power bricks charging port, the surface atops charging, with the led on the plug flashing very briefly once a second or two.

Haldi

Had the same problem with my Xperia Z2, contacted M$ support, they sent me a new Brick, it worked.