What's new

Chrome 64 Bit

rege0039

Does anyone know if the new version of Chrome, i.e. the 64 bit one, will still kill the battery life on my SP3 ?

The old one had the bug of using the processor all the time, didn't it ?

Thanks

malberttoo

Does anyone know if the new version of Chrome, i.e. the 64 bit one, will still kill the battery life on my SP3 ?

The old one had the bug of using the processor all the time, didn't it ?

Thanks

I have heard nothing about that part changing.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure if Google does anything a chorus of angels will be Heralding it immediately. no wait, them media fellers ain't no angels... daz just some schmucks pretending to be important. :)

mitchellvii

MUI IE could learn a thing or two from Google about Chrome's swipe back feature. Super smooth. MUI IE not so much.

adrians

I have heard nothing about that part changing.

I'm tracking that bug and this morning I saw an update being pushed which looks like it addresses the timer resolution (along with some other timer related issues). I guess this should become available in the Canary version at any time.

ctitanic

In a positive note, Chrome 37 detects when your click a text field and the keyboard is called automatically. In a negative note a 4k video is virtually unplayable.

Capture.JPG

wynand32

Agreed that MUI IE has a terribly back-swipe; that delay before restoring the screen can be a killer (and it's so unpredictable as well). Otherwise, I've found it very efficient and an excellent browser overall vs. Chrome; I only use the latter when I need to send something to my Kindle, since there's no plugin for IE (period, not even for desktop IE).