What's new

Chrome and Windows 8 Mode

CrippsCorner

Then at 2pm, I wrote a huge long blog comment (you know the kind, really in-depth) and accidentally must have hit back, or forward, or hit on some stupid advert.

You guessed it - my comment disappeared, I hit the back button, and the thing was lost.

Chrome never loses text you have written into forms like that. Even if it crashes (super rare), when you re-launch it magically comes back up with text you entered in a form / comment / blog post / whatever.

That has actually happened to me (Chrome losing my inputted data) but it's very rare.

I can't even really remember why I started using Chrome, but damn it hurts to go back to IE now. The formatting is just horrible.

CreativeLemming

By the way.

Not sure if someone else mentioned this, but you can easily get Metro mode back by changing your SP2 screen resolution. I dialled mine down to 1600x900, which IMO is still frankly ridiculously high for such a small screen, and it works.

Simply re-launch Chrome and hey presto. The menu option to "re-launch in Windows 8 mode" is back.

I've got my display set to 1920x1080 and now have the Windows 8 mode option available (I hadn't used to).

Not sure what's changed, because between it not working and now I've installed the Intel graphics drivers and fiddled with DPI scaling and a few other settings. Weird how it's now just automagically appeared working.