What's new

Circular area on screen

gtext

Can't be seen normally but when cleaning the screen I breathed on the screen before using the microfiber cloth and this is what I saw.
Wondering if others are seeing this also.

IMG_1610.JPG

gdir

Looks like an imprint or stain of a suction pad that was probably used during manufacturing. I haven't seen such an imprint on an electronics device so far. I've seen them on car windscreens.

Is it still visible after you cleaned it?

Last edited:
OP
G

gtext

No can't see it after cleaning. Doesn't seem to clean off though.
That's what I thought it looked like but if it was that you would think it would come off.
I'll see if anyone else is seeing it also.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Either you have some wickedly humid breath or I'm completely dehydrated. :D I tried it but it evaporated so fast I could badly see anything before it was gone much less pick out any pattern. geez I think I've hyperventilated LOL

OP
G

gtext

Greyfox7. Probably worked for me because the SP3 had been in the bag for a couple of hours so it was cold. And the weather was cool too.
Probably wouldn't work during summer here.
So the glass has to be cold I think for it to work.

Wasn't something I wanted to take any action on at this stage as apart from the occasional wifi/Bluetooth problem the SP3 is fault free.
Just curious if it's a one off or the same on all SP3's.
I'm thinking it looks like it's the result of something that's used in production to lift the glass in production. Almost like it's an oily deposit. But I'm a bit reluctant to try any cleaners etc.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Greyfox7. Probably worked for me because the SP3 had been in the bag for a couple of hours so it was cold. And the weather was cool too.
Probably wouldn't work during summer here.
So the glass has to be cold I think for it to work.

Wasn't something I wanted to take any action on at this stage as apart from the occasional wifi/Bluetooth problem the SP3 is fault free.
Just curious if it's a one off or the same on all SP3's.
I'm thinking it looks like it's the result of something that's used in production to lift the glass in production. Almost like it's an oily deposit. But I'm a bit reluctant to try any cleaners etc.
Sounds about right all the way around. :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It certainly hasn't been used as a co

Certainly hasn't been used as a coaster. LOL. Not by me anyway.

So is nobody else seeing this also??
There was someone else who posted a similar thread a while back.