What's new

Cisco Jabber - Camera Not Working

maxster

Really enjoying the Surface 3 but have one minor issue.

I use Cisco Jabber but it does not detect the camera. Within the Privacy settings of W8 there is no option to Allow Jabber access to the camera.

Anyone else using Jabber?

gammanone

There was an update for the camera driver that just came through win update yesterday maybe give that a go?

Rickus

We have had issues where it sees the camera but doesn't send. However, once we start sharing an application, it starts sending the camera. Have you tried to see if this works for you as well?

ynohtna

wow, well on my S3 on windows 10 I can log in but can't get any video working and it and it just hangs, now I'm afraid to upgrade my surface pro 3 to windows 10 if I can't get that working!

narse77

Just tried Jabber on mine and it also doesn't seem to work with the camera. I suspect we will need a update to jabber.

Legend01

I use Cisco Jabber Video fro Telepresence on my HP Laptop and IPad through work. I tried it on my S3 and the camera didn't work so I ask my IT dept to follow this up. They confirmed with Cisco that this program isn't supported on the S3 due to the atom processor... the advice I received was really helpful.... get a SP3 with a 'real' processor!
Due to this program also being phased out I can't imagine they will be providing a fix anytime soon.

Legend01

The only way I have found to make this work on the S3 is to disable the internal camera and use a web cam via the USB port (I used a Microsoft HD cam). Its a bit of a pain but worth it if you have no other alternative! This was also using Windows 10

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Jabber uses it own Class Driver for the Camera Access....so this means that it doesn't now how to communicate with more modern SoC Systems...