What's new

Clipping pics from PDF to OneNote

fl1ntst0n3

Hey guys!

Just picked up a 256gb sp3 and I'm loving every minute with it. I do a good amount of work with pdfs and would love to have them open with OneNote, clipping sections of text directly into an existing OneNote doc. Is this possible? I'm still adjusting to it and don't know all the shortcuts.

ctitanic

If you install the full version of OneNote which is free (at least part of it) you will get a print to OneNote "printer". You can use that.

Dblkk

Very true ctitanic, desktop onenote is needed for most things creative/productive, metro one note is more or less a viewer with 'some' editing possibilities, note the 'some'.

ScottyS

You can click/drag to highlight text in a pdf, right click copy and then paste into OneNote, but working with both desktop versions of Adobe Reader and OneNote has a lot more versatility. In addition to copying and pasting text Adobe Reader's menu Edit/Take a snapshot lets you drag a selection of the pdf page which is copied to clipboard so you can past images into OneNote.

OP
F

fl1ntst0n3

Thanks guys, trying it out now. The metro version really is quite limited, but id imagine "quick and simple" really is its point after all.