Colors on External Monitor

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by CV81, Nov 27, 2014.

1. CV81

CV81 Member

Hey everyone. I'm using a Samsung S24C450 monitor. It is a 24 inch monitor connected through mini-display to VGA.

I noticed the colors are never the same as the real colors on the Surface Pro 3 display.

Does anyone have some advice here? Calibration on the OS didn't change much and I've reset and tweaked the monitor many times without success. This happens on different settings from extended monitor to additional monitor etc

This would help so much for my work. Thank you

2. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

Only thing i've experienced, is that if i take a screen shot of a white and black document, and then display it on the second screen, the white is yellow. If i drag the actual document so half is on each screen, both are pure white. Do the same with the screenshot, and the half on the surface screen is white, and the half on the second display is yellow. Have not found a way to rectify this.

3. CV81

CV81 Member

It's actually horrible contrast that's going on .. Shades of gray or shades of the same color aren't being improved/differentiated from monitor settings or anything I calibrate

The SP3 screen looks amazing though