What's new

Coming out of hibernation (deep sleep)

ctitanic

Every time I turn on my sp3 from deep sleep it needs to be reconnected to wifi. Is this normal?
It's not normal. It should reconnect to any network available that already have been commuted to.

Do you have SSID hidden in your AP?

stonerwinst

I have this same exact problem. I have to disable and re-enable WIFI for it to reconnect to my AC router.

Anyone have a solution?

stonerwinst

I don't think the issue is connecting to WIFI networks. The issue is when the device comes out of hibernate, it won't automatically reconnect. I have to disable and then re-enable the WIFI adapter to reconnect to my WIFI network.

Base on my search on the net, it appears others have the same issue. Some have resolved it by uninstalling, deleting the driver files, and reinstalling the drivers. What a PITA.

I will say, a $1400 device should not have these kinds of problems. Hope Microsoft resolve them soon.

leeshor

Yes, people have managed to get it to work that way. But I imagine MS will fix it as well.

Bandito

This seems like a fairly common issue with the SP3's. I experienced it several times before the July 16th update, but have not seen it since. I still have the slow connectivity issue, however.

I'm really hoping that Patch Tuesday next week will have something to completely cure the WiFi woes with the SP3. <Crosses fingers, but doesn't hold breath!>

drolem

Every time I turn on my sp3 from deep sleep it needs to be reconnected to wifi. Is this normal?

It is not normal because it should not be happening, but it is normal because my systems do it, too, when trying to connect to corpnet, and been doing that for quite a while. :(

So, there you have it. ;)