What's new

Compare gaming on X Box One S to SP 2017 i5

Plantje

Hi,

I have a Surface Pro 2017 i5/8/256 and I am looking for ways to start casual gaming. I don't have the time to do a lot of games, but every now and then I would like to play something. I'm very interested in for example Assassin's Creed and like to start at the beginning and play it from the first game onwards. Also games like Quake, Command and Conquer, Lucky Tail etc have my interest.

I started playing Assassin's Creed on my current desktop and on the HTPC. And that has some downsides: the desktop is way underpowered and the HTPC I cannot use when the kids are downstairs or my wife wants to watch TV. Next to that: all accomplishments on the HTPC are gone when I continue the game on my desktop.
That's why I decided an X Box One S may be a good option. I can play downstairs and stream to my desktop or SP for playing upstairs.

However, I can also use my SP for gaming and connect it to the TV while downstairs and to my monitors when playing upstairs. Main advantage would be I keep my accomplishments and I can play strategy games using mouse and keyboard.

Main question is: how is gaming on an X Box One S compared to gaming on a Surface Pro 2017 i5/8/256?

Thanks in advance for you responses!