What's new

Computer's reliability and problem history

OP
Kevin Cossaboon
I did a full rebuild and the unit works well, reliability is still well below 5. Can I use it,yes. Are there issues, yes. Do I think Microsoft will fixit, for the most part.

The product is too import for them to let it fail. Updates too quick, can just cause other issues.

iMHO, in for a penny, in for a pound.

flar

Ah, in rereading your post I see now that you are talking about individual crashes of services and other system processes and I do have a number of those in the log. Originally I thought you were talking about full BSOD crashes or lockups which I've only seen once or twice (and if I recall correctly, only while doing a reboot-windows-update for some reason).

My reliability report is not nearly as red as the report posted above, but it's not spotless and every couple of days 1 or 2 things show up with a red mark (a similar number of red marks, but spread out over more days). To the end user these sometimes appear as "why did my lock screen not unlock like it usually does" (and internally it was due to a software crash or malfunction). The score was about 10 for the first 3 or 4 days in the history and then abruptly dropped to about 3 on 11/20 and has been slowly rising back to about 6 since then. Between the 17th and the 20th was a brutal couple of days, but it has been steadily improving since then.

To me, most of these feel like Windows 10 teething pains rather than bad hardware. I've come to expect a lot of sleep/wakeup issues whenever I have a new computer/OS install and the SB is not setting a good example in that regard. Most of those have been on homebrew machines, though even with more mature OS's and still they'd have trouble for a couple of weeks before I'd done a few updates to get a decent set of drivers on them.