What's new

configuring settings to meet minimal requirements for apps

Sophirius

Ok, so I got my new Windows 8 surface tablet and I consider myself pretty tech savvy. However, I have no idea how to get apps! Every time I go to the store to get an app, I cannot download it because in place of the 'try it or buy it' button, there is a message saying I 'have not met the minimal requirement settings.' I have no idea what said settings are, or where to find them. I have a strong internet connection, and I have room on my tablet (it's brand new) so any help would be much appreciated! Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and hopefully I can get a hold of this newfangled tablet business.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using a local account or a Microsoft Account (formally known as a Windows Live Account)? If you are using a local account you need to use a Microsoft Account to access the Store which can be done secondarily from the Settings Charm while in the Store App.

OP
S

Sophirius

That was part of the problem. As it turns out, I also had not updated my tablet to 8.1 since it had been bought on black Friday. So I had to go through and update everything in the month that the device had been dormant. Thank you so so much for your help!