What's new

Connected Standby Same Issue as with SP3?

SeanP

Please Please Please Microsoft tell me that you did not release this product with the same issues that plagued a large amount of SP3 users like me!?!?!?

I closed the lid with 100% charge, unplugged, and just turned it back on to see I am down to 80% battery life after 5 hours of ZERO use?!?!?! 20% drop?

Then I did a sleep study report and everything was in the red, with the biggest draw being graphics driver?

This is the one thing that drove me absolutely nuts about the SP3 and they NEVER fixed it in over a year.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    191.9 KB · Views: 464
OP
S

SeanP

Why would you think any different, same core hardware and drivers.

You mean outside of the fact that they had over a year to fix it on the SP3 and calling this the "Ultimate Laptop"? Oh...I don't know, nor do I see what the drivers have to do with it 16 months later if they are the same.

Compusmurf

Many of the same issues (high irq after sleep, etc) has carried over from the SP2 to the SP3 and they had years to fix that. I fully expect to see the same issues in the 4th generation device.

So, add to your 16 months. :) It's been longer than that.

I figure sleep issues, high IRQ and flaky wifi just as before.

Big question is, will the book and sp4 have the throttling issues. Jury is still out on that question. Some saying YES, others saying not so much....

zhenya

I don't generally have sleep issues as severe as that on my SP3, but it does happen from time to time, and just in general, the sleep power consumption is just much higher on the Surface than it is on my MacBook. It's one of the prime things that prevents this from really becoming my 'go-to' device. The battery life is on the marginal end of things in the first place, and when it sucks up a good portion of that in sleep, it pushes it over the edge...