What's new

Connected standby SP4

Eplak

Hi!

My SP4 is not able to enter so called Connected Standby. Is this actually not possible on SP4 or is it just mine?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
With connected standby i mean InstantGo.

It says in this article by Microsoft that the SP4 has it. Is my SP4 flawed?

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/hardware-and-drivers/surface-power-sleep-and-wake?os=windows-10&=undefined
From an elevated CMD Prompt run this command and tell us the results:

c:\>powercfg /a

Mine shows:
upload_2016-7-15_7-41-31.png

OP
E

Eplak

Mine showed the exact same thing!

The problem here is if i try to set up a countdown with the clock-app, it warns me about this: "Varsler vises bare når PC-en er aktivert." Which is Norwegian for: Notifications will only show when the PC is active.

It links me to a "Find out more"-page and it says that i get this warning if i dont have instantgo/connected standby.

If you go to this link it is a screenshot of how it should look like if you have connected standby:

How can I get InstantGo in Windows 10?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Mine showed the exact same thing!

The problem here is if i try to set up a countdown with the clock-app, it warns me about this: "Varsler vises bare når PC-en er aktivert." Which is Norwegian for: Notifications will only show when the PC is active.

It links me to a "Find out more"-page and it says that i get this warning if i dont have instantgo/connected standby.

If you go to this link it is a screenshot of how it should look like if you have connected standby:

How can I get InstantGo in Windows 10?
Only WinRT or Windows Universal Apps (Store Apps) can function in S0iX. All Win32 Applications enter into S3 when a Connected Standby machine enters S0iX.

But keep in mind, the Surface devices enter Hibernation between 120-240 minutes so S0iX is only active for 2-4 hours, they call it Hybrid Connected Standby.

OP
E

Eplak

But the clock app is a UWP-app, so why is it giving me that warning then? Just a bug?

EDIT: I tested just now, and the notification worked when i put the sp4 in standby (Y)