What's new

Convince me to keep my SP3

EMINENT

I had horrible backlight bleed on my Asus Transformer. It didn't really bother me though and I kept it all the way through Jelly Bean roms. That whole android experience with constantly tweaking and lag pushed me away and I had to let go. I wasn't going to Apple because they had nothing to offer me, no flash, expandable storage, tiny phone screen, etc. I didn't care for osx and iTunes so the logical thing to do was separate myself from things that didn't work for my workflow.

This whole idea of universal apps, synced settings with phone/tablet/pc and all that MS was envisioning got me on the bandwagon and I haven't looked back ever since. Despite all the shortcomings and some issues with os design, nothing so far has been enough to get me to go to a tiny iPhone screen, or limited use on a tablet like ios or android. This is by far the best computing experience I have seen so far. No other OS is going to be perfect, but no other os will let me do all the things that i'm looking for.

MDS

I've owned the Surface RT and Pro 1. Still own a Surface Pro 2 and love the Pro 3. I've experienced no major issues, never had to return anything. I've been happy with the updates that come out on Tuesday and can say, without a doubt, the devises get better as Microsoft continues to roll out updates.

I've always found that generally electronic devises have critical failures in a very short time after you purchase them, and for sure in the first year. Warranty covers that so there is little risk. If you don't have system problems with your Surface Pro 3 then keep it.

I'd say you run a greater risk by buying hardware produced by a company with far less financial backing than Microsoft or another big name vendor. Heck, most of us have probably bought desk top computers from online sources that have a greater chance of major problems and even better chances of not being replaced or refunded without great hassle.

And the number one reason to keep your Surface Pro 3, in this case, is that people who are upset with something tend to tell a lot of people they are upset. Those that are happy with something tend to tell less people.

Last edited:

leeshor

And the number one reason to keep your Surface Pro 3, in this case, is that people who are upset with something tend to tell a lot of people they are upset. Those that are happy with something tend to tell less people.

So true.

ctitanic

This is my taken in all this. If you need somebody convincing you to keep the PRO 3, please, don't wait a second and return it. The last thing that you want is to live the next year or two unhappy with the device that you bought. In another hand, you will be coming back to this and other forums full of negativity and that will make others unhappy too.

You will know right away the day you find your perfect Tablet. Nobody will need to tell you anything.

Kif

I know exactly where you're coming from but this is totally common for new product release. Go check out the macrumors forums after a new Apple product is released and you would think the world is coming to an end. Enjoy your new SP3 and tune out the noise.