What's new

Cooling Pad Benchmark SP3 I5

OP
O

OPC9

I think the two tests are very good. play without pad after was the score in 3DMark06 at ca 4700

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought a cooling pad for my Surface Pro 3 I5 8GB RAM.

I have 2hours the game "Mafia 2" played with resolution 1600x1200 and 20-24fps. Game without any lag. directly after the game I tested 3DMark06 / 3DMark11.

3DMark06 6128
3DMark11 1028
Good job!

OP
O

OPC9

I have tested intel cpu and gpu stress test. once with cooling pad and normal with kickstand.

the cpu with cooling pad running without throttling. the gpu throttling but has not as bad as normal. which explains the constant fps in the game.

Here is a link to some screenshots.

Note the frequency the gpu test without cooling pad. power limit throttling.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz5fqVBaZWxXY2JTWVB1dVhMYzA/edit?usp=sharing

For the keyboard, I can not say anything. in Germany I can buy only on 28 august. for the test with the cooling pad

ctitanic

I have tested intel cpu and gpu stress test. once with cooling pad and normal with kickstand.

the cpu with cooling pad running without throttling. the gpu throttling but has not as bad as normal. which explains the constant fps in the game.

Here is a link to some screenshots.

Note the frequency the gpu test without cooling pad. power limit throttling.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz5fqVBaZWxXY2JTWVB1dVhMYzA/edit?usp=sharing

For the keyboard, I can not say anything. in Germany I can buy only on 28 august. for the test with the cooling pad
Thanks for all the info. So Summarizing, do your recommend the pad as the solution for gamers?

OP
O

OPC9

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    531.6 KB · Views: 613

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will try the 15 inch model on Saturday. I think that's great for the surface to play. It is not possible without additional fan for constant fps. the 3dmark score is even higher than the sp2 in 3DMark11. 3DMark06 at my record 6548. sp2 in this test 6253 points

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Microsoft-Surface-Pro-2-Tablet.105769.0.html
Could you describe the air flow with this unit?

Does the fan or air blow up toward the Surface or down away from the Surface?
With the Surface on this does the air flow past the right side? strongly?

A thin strip of paper can be used to determine air flow around the edges.

Last edited:

mahdi75

Wow! It's great :)
Can you please also run HeavyLoad (CPU and GPU stress at the same time) with and without the cooling pad?
Please also take screenshots from the charts that Intel Extreme Tuning Utility shows while running HeavyLoad, So we can see CPU and GPU Throttling while running test.

Regards

OP
O

OPC9

I can adjust the Surface the right side gets much above air. the fan is not very strong and very quiet. the coolest surface is exactly in the middle. the magnesium case the cold air well distributed

Attachments

• IMAG0856.jpg
    IMAG0856.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 693
OP
O

OPC9

cooling pad

Attachments

• Screenshot (48).png
    Screenshot (48).png
    703.1 KB · Views: 710