What's new

Core i3 64gb ssd firmware update success.

Ordnas

Been looking for a firmware update for my ssd model number HFS064G3AMNB-2200A and I actually found one, which I installed. I got a boost in read/write speeds and everything seems quicker (placebo?).

The drive is made by a company called SK Hynix and the link for the software is www.skhynix.com/ssd/en/support/download.jsp

My update was quick and painless, but with everything like this, you should install at your own risk!

Derekamoss

Been looking for a firmware update for my ssd model number HFS064G3AMNB-2200A and I actually found one, which I installed. I got a boost in read/write speeds and everything seems quicker (placebo?).

The drive is made by a company called SK Hynix and the link for the software is www.skhynix.com/ssd/en/support/download.jsp

My update was quick and painless, but with everything like this, you should install at your own risk!

I installed it and I'm not going to lie, it does seem faster. It might be placebo but apps seem to open faster.

ScottyS

My SSD model number is close, but not the same. It is HFS256G3AMNB-2200A.
Will this work for me? I am afraid to try it, their web site doesn't say which models/versions it is for.

Derekamoss

My SSD model number is close, but not the same. It is HFS256G3AMNB-2200A.
Will this work for me? I am afraid to try it, their web site doesn't say which models/versions it is for.

The download actually checks the firmware version before installing. I don't think the download is specific for each model. It seemed like it detected my model and then installed the right firmware. I would download it and see if it detects updated firmware otherwise it wont install it. It actually helped my read and write speeds so I am happy.