What's new

Corporate Outlook Email

marcfis

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my remote email on the Surface and I can't connect. I can get my mail via Outlook webmail, but not by setting up an email account. Does anyone know if this is an issue with the Surface or if there is a way to do this? Any help, would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

Marc

Chip

I have not had a problem. Connect via active sync. Our enterprise email is running Exchange 2010 and Active Sync is turned on. We have a policy win Active Sync that forces users to have a PIN or password. Worked like a champ for me.

All I can suggest is to put a password on your Surface and try again in case your server also requires a PIN?

Chip

Doc750

our system requires a pin as well. how do I add a password/pin besides the initial login one?

thanks

update: I figured out ho to add the pin but I continue to get the same error msg

Last edited:

timtroxel

I have a bunch of trouble because we are on exchange 2003. I still don't have mine connected. it is my only major complaint.

mistervee

Forgot to add if you are like me and not and IT genius and no access to IT administrator you can do the following: I got the security certificate by going to my OWA page in IE and before logging in right click properties- certificates copy certificate save it then on your surface desktop right click to get into IE as administrator to install the certificate in the trusted root area.

Hope that helps!

Huffalot

Got mine connected using web mail client address and PW in the email client, I got email from a few days ago but nothing new or recent, setup exactly the same as other devices including a windows phone that works fine. Most weird. Will have a word with my IT guys but I expect the answer to be they won't support me as i'm the only person with this device

frozendad

exchange issue

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my remote email on the Surface and I can't connect. I can get my mail via Outlook webmail, but not by setting up an email account. Does anyone know if this is an issue with the Surface or if there is a way to do this? Any help, would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

Marc

hi, I dont understand exactly what your Problem is, but maybe we have the same one:

View days ago I got my brand new surface! A great device and I am absoultely happy with this. Except one thing: If I try to integrate an exchange account into the mail app I got the message that the tablet cannot fullfill the security features as requested from the exchange server. Meanwhile I have the feeling its because the 7 digits our exchange wants to have for the login. Surface (or windows 8 RT?) is supporting 4 digits only as I found out.

All in all it must be a joke! My windows phone accepts the rules from the exchange without any problem, and my android tablet as well.

regards, Bruno

Bob_Sinclair25

hi, I dont understand exactly what your Problem is, but maybe we have the same one:

View days ago I got my brand new surface! A great device and I am absoultely happy with this. Except one thing: If I try to integrate an exchange account into the mail app I got the message that the tablet cannot fullfill the security features as requested from the exchange server. Meanwhile I have the feeling its because the 7 digits our exchange wants to have for the login. Surface (or windows 8 RT?) is supporting 4 digits only as I found out.

All in all it must be a joke! My windows phone accepts the rules from the exchange without any problem, and my android tablet as well.

regards, Bruno

I have the same problem, I try to set up my work email (which requires a 4 digit pin) and get a message saying that it can not meet the security requirements.......