What's new

Costco to carry Surface Pro3

OP
K

Kris

Update: Costco recieved 50 units shipped them out and changed their website to say they are taking preorders to be shipped the week of October 6th. September 29th the are receiving 200 more units to ship on October 6th... The local stores are supposed to start carrying them but there is no set date for that to happen. From what I was told the stores usually carry more then their website has access to. Hope this info helps anyone like myself that placed an order for one, I cancelled my order. Not sure I want to wait that long.

wynand32

If someone's not at all sure about keeping the SP3, Costco's return policy really is generous. And when they say "no questions asked," they mean it. For all but certain electronics (computers, tablets, phones, cameras, TVs, and a few others), the return policy is essentially forever. The only time I've been questioned is when I was being ridiculous--like returning a printer two+ years after I bought it (which I only did because the manufacturer had been a complete... well, I won't write it here), and even then they took it back without much hassle.

Love Costco to death.

annabanana

Update: Costco recieved 50 units shipped them out and changed their website to say they are taking preorders to be shipped the week of October 6th. September 29th the are receiving 200 more units to ship on October 6th... The local stores are supposed to start carrying them but there is no set date for that to happen. From what I was told the stores usually carry more then their website has access to. Hope this info helps anyone like myself that placed an order for one, I cancelled my order. Not sure I want to wait that long.

Kris, Staples has the SP 3 and so does Fry's. Might be worth checking out. Edit to add link http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&cat=&query_string=surface+pro+3
Free shipping.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't downgrade to the 4 GB. At somepoint you'll be glad to have the extra ram.

You don't even know his usage requirements..

I was aiming for the 8gb, but went with 4. There is no scenario that would require me to ever need more than 4gb during this devices proposed lifespan, coupled with the fact that due to the machines capability coupled with my use, there is no software id want that would require 8 that I could use on this device anyway.

All this "get 8gb, you'll be thankful later" is little but blind speculation and is worthless without context.

OP
K

Kris

You don't even know his usage requirements..

I was aiming for the 8gb, but went with 4. There is no scenario that would require me to ever need more than 4gb during this devices proposed lifespan, coupled with the fact that due to the machines capability coupled with my use, there is no software id want that would require 8 that I could use on this device anyway.

All this "get 8gb, you'll be thankful later" is little but blind speculation and is worthless without context.

I would have to say Kif is giving sound advice... What is this proposed life span? If you are paying this much money and it is suppose to be a laptop replacement sometime in the future *cough* Windows 9 *cough* its very likely you will run into needing more ram. Having more ram is always sound advise for any laptop or computer unless you are using this just as a tablet and if you are doing that I would advise saving your money and buying something like the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2