What's new

Could it be that the issues with SP2 are Touch/Type cover related?

Great

I have found that many people have problems with SP2.
But fortunately for me, so far, I have had absolutely no problems with my SP2.

I have no problems with Wifi losing connection constantly.

I have no problems of excessive CPU utilization.

My SP2 will not wake up alone from sleeping mode.

I have a SD card inserted and never had any issue.

My battery lasts about 10 hours with a custom power plan.

The only thing I don't have is a keyboard cover. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

be77solo

I have found that many people have problems with SP2.
But fortunately for me, so far, I have had absolutely no problems with my SP2.

I have no problems with Wifi losing connection constantly.

I have no problems of excessive CPU utilization.

My SP2 will not wake up alone from sleeping mode.

I have a SD card inserted and never had any issue.

My battery lasts about 10 hours with a custom power plan.

The only thing I don't have is a keyboard cover. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

In certain situations, the covers do cause issues, but I think that's usually down to defective covers.

I think it comes down to specific hardware/usage patterns on the actual Surface Pro's themselves. All the problems I have had I have also had without ever attaching the Type 2 Cover after a reformat.

I received a replacement SP2 a month ago and it has been significantly better, almost perfect, using the same Type Cover 2 as my previous buggy SP2.

Funnily, I got my v2 type cover this weekend and today I've noticed for the first time the "30% cpu at idle" issue.

Still, I think it's just chance.

benjitek

[BLAH BLAH BLAH]...the only thing I don't have is a keyboard cover. Do you think that might have something to do with it?
Nope -- I've had the Type Cover 2 since I got my SP2 -- no issues here. Thanks though for stopping by ;-)

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
No problems here. I use Type Cover, Touch Cover, Type Cover 2, Power Cover, Wireless Keyboard Adapter, Bluetooth Ultrathin Mouse, Wedge Mouse, GPS via USB,...
Not ALL at the same time, though.

InkyRag

I have a type 2 cover (and a power cover on its way) and with the exception of an occasionally disappearing micro SD drive, I have none of those issues.