What's new

CPU/GPU Specs, Why no info?

marcux

Love it that microsoft can't release the damn specs of the cpu/gpu's used in the different models, just i5, i7, nvidia gpu, etc.. why? I'd like to know what i'm buying...

kc912

Im sure it will come out. If not someone at the event had better check one of the models!

KDLGates

If anyone from Microsoft is reading this, please get in touch with someone.

Knowing model for CPU and GPU (and, if it is in fact a new model, some kind of benchmark-style comparison "equivalent to...") is absolutely vital to my own purchasing decision, and I know many informed consumers like me will not purchase the Surface Book until this information is known (and that means reduced pre-orders).

leeshor

I just heard from a customer that the Book was on-line available for pre order so the info is probably on Microsoft's site.

OP
M

marcux

it's not on the site, it only says Nvidia discreet gpu. and i7, not what types.. I saw the Geforce 8g, but that could mean anything like 8g surface book with Geforce on board. There is nothing at all about the actual hardware specs, and i'm just going to preorder and cancel if I don't like them since Microsoft is being really secretive about it, and that's when customer start getting worried. Be honest with your customer, if you release a Specs sheet, Include the actual specs of the machine...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just heard from a customer that the Book was on-line available for pre order so the info is probably on Microsoft's site.
Nowhere in plain view. Simply states 6th gen i5 or i7. Not even any cpu speeds.

Not really any reason for anyone to be worrying though. There is a while to wait til it'll be at your door. I'll just put a pre-order in and when I see the real specs, if I dint like what I see, I'll just cancel it.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Panos said it was the fastest on any planet. what does he know that we don't? Which other planets did he check with? when did he talk to them? What was the performance of their laptops? :D

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Panos said it was the fastest on any planet. what does he know that we don't? Which other planets did he check with? when did he talk to them? What was the performance of their laptops? :D

Seemed every other word was world or planet. My partner was (forced to) watch it with me, and I couldn't but agree with some of her observations.