What's new

Creator's Update Surface Recovery Image

Derekamoss

Was wondering if anyone had the 1703 recovery image. Would like to reformat the computer and if possible use the latest. The website still pulls up the Anniversary Update for mine. Appreciate it!

Cask

Mine still gets anniversary update also. I just downloaded the Creator's Update image from MS and used that instead, but definitely would have preferred a Surface Pro 4 specific image.

OP
D

Derekamoss

I know that's where u download it from but mine is still 1607 not 1703. was wondering if anyone with a surface purchased recently had the recovery image

Cuchulainn

I am new to the Surface Pro and this endeavor back to Windows, since the XP days, but I do seem to be on 1703 and have created a recovery disk if any of that helps. I have only had this thing for a seek, so I am a bit lost on the technical details beyond "about" telling me that I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1703.

Aldec

I know that's where u download it from but mine is still 1607 not 1703. was wondering if anyone with a surface purchased recently had the recovery image
Until M$ install KB 4013214 on updating, this covers privacy acceptance, it will not be possible to install 1703, even with a 1703 recovery image.
It will just revert back to 1607, when trying to install.

Aldec

I am new to the Surface Pro and this endeavor back to Windows, since the XP days, but I do seem to be on 1703 and have created a recovery disk if any of that helps. I have only had this thing for a seek, so I am a bit lost on the technical details beyond "about" telling me that I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1703.
Type winver in search box to confirm what version is installed.

OP
D

Derekamoss

Until M$ install KB 4013214 on updating, this covers privacy acceptance, it will not be possible to install 1703, even with a 1703 recovery image.
It will just revert back to 1607, when trying to install.
I don't believe you are correct. A few days after the anniversary update hit someone posted their surface pro 4 image that came preinstalled one OneDrive it installed perfectly fine

Aldec

I don't believe you are correct. A few days after the anniversary update hit someone posted their surface pro 4 image that came preinstalled one OneDrive it installed perfectly fine
They must have accepted the M$ privacy terms which are included in the KB 4013214.

Attachments

• kb.JPG
    kb.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 710
OP
D

Derekamoss

Once again its the full recovery image on a USB. You don't have to download any files before installing. You boot from the USB. People who bought a new surface pro 4 that came with creators update do not have to first downgrade to anniversary update and then install the recovery image it installs creatures update out of box