What's new

currently using a SP1. Will the i3 SP3 be slower for office multitasking?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which benchmarks indicate that? Certainly not the Anadtech Benchmarks. I think you're reading it wrong.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I missed the i3 part. Yep on pure office tasks the benchmarks are lower The PC Mark Work benchmark indicates the i3 is about 23% lower on this mix. That's probably the closest approximation of Office Multitasking. Note also that the browser benchmarks are lower as well. My rule of thumb is a 20% difference is user perceptible but below 20% difference not so much and I look for at least a 30% difference to even consider an upgrade worthwhile. Bottom line, there's not a huge difference but its likely noticeable. The form factor may be more appealing depending on taste. Light usage vs heavy usage would also be something to consider based on your actual usage profile and intended purpose (use case).

Telstar1948

I recall reading that the i3 can only handle one external monitor too... otherwise, I've read i3 owners saying that ordinary office work goes just as well as on the i5

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I recall reading that the i3 can only handle one external monitor too... otherwise, I've read i3 owners saying that ordinary office work goes just as well as on the i5
Keep in mind that a benchmark is a relative measure of performance but a lower score doesn't necessarily mean it cannot provide perfectly acceptable performance.