Cursor disappears

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by lonbeme, Sep 6, 2013.

1. lonbeme

lonbeme New Member

Cursor sometimes is invisible when the unit wakes from a sleep. I notice this only when it got the type cover attached, or more commonly, when I have it connected thru a Plugable USB3 docking station where I have a keyboard, mouse and hdmi monitor.

When I move the mouse, I can tell it's working because things are highlighted etc. I have it set so when I press Ctrl, it shows where the cursor is (should be). I have tried all kind of settings and made sure things were turned on or off for other similar issues I have found searching around. ...But not luck yet.

At 1st, I'd fumble around to shut apps and desktop programs and then restart. That works, but obviously not a fix.

So here's something interesting. Let's say I have Outlook 2013 open on my ext monitor and OneNote (desktop version) open on the Surface Pro. I find my way to OneNote click or touch and then type something and the cursor comes right back. Every time!

That's gotta be a clue for you experts out there! Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. demandarin

demandarin Active Member

I've noticed the same thing. Happens randomly with type keyboard and trackpad. It'll just disappear for a moment. I usually have to touch the screen or bring up charm menu to come back. Kinda annoying as it happens at times when I need the cursor..lol

3. chrisleung

chrisleung Member

Same problem too. Sometimes I spend a while trying to get the cursor back, and sometimes I never get it back.

And sometimes the charm menu doesn't come back, so I have to press the power button, then press it again after it goes black, and restart the computer.

Sloppy work at MS.

4. Martin Joyce

Martin Joyce New Member

... and here we are in January 2015, Surface Pro 3, Windows 8.1: same problem.... Wake up Microsoft - these "niggles" are a killer for your sales.