What's new

cursor goes slow, touchscreen unresponsive

mtalinm

sorry if someone has posted this already but I never saw this with my SP2. every now that then the cursor will go into "slow motion" mode where it no longer moves in tandem with the touchpad but seems to drip drip drip across the screen glacially. meanwhile the screen is unresponsive to touch. has anyone else seen this?

i7/256, just a few days old

Yes, I have seen this. The one repeatable case for me is copying to/from a USB memory stick. The cursor stutters badly until the copy is finished. Ive also experienced shorter periods of stuttering, and total ui freezes that last a few seconds and then clear up. No explanation for those..

ctitanic

Yes, I have seen this. The one repeatable case for me is copying to/from a USB memory stick. The cursor stutters badly until the copy is finished. Ive also experienced shorter periods of stuttering, and total ui freezes that last a few seconds and then clear up. No explanation for those..
Believe it or not I have not copied yet anything to a memory stick. :confused:
Question, you are having this issue copying to a regular memory stick or to a USB External HDD?

Last edited:
Good question. I was copying from the "internal" micro SD card to another SD card that's plugged into a USB 3 port on the dock (using a new USB 3 to SD card adapter)

ctitanic

Good question. I was copying from the "internal" micro SD card to another SD card that's plugged into a USB 3 port on the dock (using a new USB 3 to SD card adapter)
Have you tried that reader before in another machine? Some times the performance on some card readers is far from good.

OP
M

mtalinm

My observed problem has nothing to do with memory sticks.

Maybe today's firmware update will solve it. Had better also solve 80% battery drain while in my bag today. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

graye

Do you have a microSD card installed?
I'm currently trying to see if this behavior is related to the "disappearing SD card" issue.

OP
M

mtalinm

Yes I have a microssd card installed.

No the firmware update did not fix this. On the bright side, the battery did not drop 10% per hours this morning..