What's new

Cursor moves to one spot on screen randomly

Lynkdev

So ive had my sp3 since Oct 14 and about 5 months ago I noticed a touch input on the lower right hand side of the screen and it moves the curser to this spot randomly and sometimes constantly. its quite irritating and I do have a Zagg screen protector on this that I installed the day I picked up the sp3 so I don't know why it would be the culprit now.

since this causes me a headache I disabled the touch input through control panel as I really don't want to remove my screen protector to see if its causing the issue as it was costly. Can anything else be causing this like faulty hardware? anyone else have/fix this issue?

thanks for any help

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, @Lynkdev

As you suspect, you have either a dirty screen (must remove protector) or a damaged screen.
It is possible that some salty debris under the screen protector has increased the conductivity at that position. Debris which existed when you first installed the protector may have dissolved from moisture.

You could try gently massaging that screen position with your finger (not the pen). Otherwise, you will probably need to remove that screen protector to investigate further.

OP
L

Lynkdev

Thanks for the reply, if my screen is damaged this will be the last surface I buy as this thing has been taken care of flawlessly along with the fact that best buy installed the screen protector after cleaning the screen. I didn't buy the extended warranty but two months out of my one year just to have a damaged screen? Blasphemy lol