What's new

Design Defect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerardT84

Hello,

Does anybody else's Microsoft Surface have what looks to be something stuck between the two vents at the top of their surface screen? Pic below.

Attachments

• IMG_20140812_105137_edit.jpg
    IMG_20140812_105137_edit.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 508

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, there appears to be an insulator there or something... mine is a little blue-ish while yours appears gray in the picture. Looks like its supposed to be there ...

OP
GerardT84

GerardT84

Kundas1 you having a good day over there? was just a question.....and based off my research, the most appropriate place to ask it was here.

olimjj

Hello,

Does anybody else's Microsoft Surface have what looks to be something stuck between the two vents at the top of their surface screen? Pic below.

The resolution of your image does not provide sufficient clarity to determine what it may be. Have you tried to examine it closely under magnification. You might want to probe it with a fine pick. It may be some in body material that was trapped between the vanes before expulsion. How did you come to notice it. If you are still concerned about it, take it to a Microsoft store or wherever you purchased it, and ask them to make a determination. I could be wrong, but personally I would not be worried about it.

kundas1

my day is fine, but I can't believe what people look for in defects or problems with their machine. I mean lets be honest here, who looks INSIDE the vents of the SP3 to see if there is a design defect? what prompted you to look inside? was their heat issues? was your machine acting funny or running slow? what? if there was no problems with your device than why not just use it and enjoy it? instead of looking for imaginary defects

Liam2349

*rolls eyes* omg I find people nit pick over the dumbest things.... *facepalm*
If you are purchasing a premium device, it makes sense to check for any defects - if it was not normal, you would want to replace it. Who knows what else could be wrong?

kundas1

I buy premium devices all the time and I look over my devices carefully and I take care of my devices like a BABY! BUT I don't go looking in vents and looking in other areas that just don't warrant it! also I have a high turn around for my premium devices as I always update to the newer/better thing to come along so I sell my older stuff, so that's another reason why I inspect my devices... but not like the OP... and let me ask you liam, do you go looking in air vents of your laptops or premium devices? HONESTLY!!

Liam2349

I buy premium devices all the time and I look over my devices carefully and I take care of my devices like a BABY! BUT I don't go looking in vents and looking in other areas that just don't warrant it! also I have a high turn around for my premium devices as I always update to the newer/better thing to come along so I sell my older stuff, so that's another reason why I inspect my devices... but not like the OP... and let me ask you liam, do you go looking in air vents of your laptops or premium devices? HONESTLY!!

I haven't, but can't you be curious what the vents look like? I don't see the issue with looking at your device.

ipaq_101

The resolution of your image does not provide sufficient clarity to determine what it may be. Have you tried to examine it closely under magnification. You might want to probe it with a fine pick. It may be some in body material that was trapped between the vanes before expulsion. How did you come to notice it. If you are still concerned about it, take it to a Microsoft store or wherever you purchased it, and ask them to make a determination. I could be wrong, but personally I would not be worried about it.

It looks like it was designed to be there, please don't pick at it. My SP3 has it as well, picking might cause other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.