Detaching the Clipboard (Please Resolve before detaching) now allowed by some apps

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Book' started by loguicito, Nov 27, 2016.

1. loguicito

loguicito New Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Almost any time I want to Detach the Clipboard I will get the message "Please Resolve Before Detaching" and I have to close almost any app, example of some Apps preventing the clipboard from being detached:

- Outlook
    - Lynda.com
    - MS Project 2016
    - Outlook 2016
    - Store
    - Nextgen Reader
    - OneNote
    - Excel 2016
    - Hulu
    - CBS
    - SlingTV
    - Whatsapp

This is kind of ridiculous, what is the purpose of being able to detach the screen if most of the time you cannot? I know I can close the app detach and open it again, but that is not a very smart approach. I think the reason could be the apps using the GPU card in the base, is there a utility that I can use to activate/deactivate the GPU video card so the apps will use the Intel GPU in the clipboard instead? I would assume that will solve this problem, any comment or suggestion will be appreciated, thanks

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    You can set GPU Preferences in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Keep in mind that ~100Gbps are traversing the clipboard and base at any given time...

My guess is SlingTV, Hulu and CBS and potentially Lynda.com are causing the error.

sharpuser likes this.
  3. loguicito

loguicito New Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Thanks, I configured the NVIDIA control panel Global Settings to use "Integrated Graphics" by default and now I can any of the previous apps running and I am able to detach the clipboard without any problem, thank you very much for the great tip

sharpuser likes this.
  4. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Happy to help...