What's new

Did I discover a picture of the elusive Surface Mini?

Feoen

I had to exchange my Type Cover at the Microsoft Store and I was messing about on one of the demo units for the SP3. I opened an official Microsoft video for the Surface that was preloaded on the demo units, when I saw the following image:

Screenshot (1).png

I thought maybe that was a picture of the RT, but all of the RT units have capacitive Windows buttons.

It looks very close to one of the Samsung tablets, but you will see in comparison there is no Samsung logo (maybe removed because it is Microsoft promotional material?), the Samsung has a silver bezel around the Windows button, the Windows button protrudes (compared to the concave button in the above picture), and the above picture has two "notches" towards the top right of the unit that are not present on the Samsung:

Samsung-Windows-8.jpg

I am probably being too optimistic to say that this is ultra secret footage of the Surface Mini but, hey, it's worth a shot! :p

kundas1

dood! you should have put the video on a USB stick and posted the vid on youtube se we could all check it out! unless they're on all the SP3's then somebody post the vid up on youtube! lol

OP
F

Feoen

dood! you should have put the video on a USB stick and posted the vid on youtube se we could all check it out! unless they're on all the SP3's then somebody post the vid up on youtube! lol

I should have done this but I didn't have much time, fml. I also thought I was being ignorant and this is just a non-MS model that they used.

Do you think the pic is actually the SPMini?

unruledboy

anyone notice there are always very wide border (beside the display) for those small tablets? it's kind of annoying

CrippsCorner

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no chance, I'm afraid.

There's no way they'd go back to using a button like that! Agree with others too, horrible bezel :(