What's new

Dilemma SP3 i5 128 $599 or m3 $899

Mikewired

Thought I was ready to buy m3 for $900 and noticed Best Buy is running a special on SP3 $600. The SP3 does not include pen, so $250 difference.

raqball

Why does the BB Sp3 not include the pen? Is it a return or something?

That's a tough call as the SP3 price is killer! Me? I have to have the latest, greatest so I'd still spring for the Sp4 core M but..........

zhanggar

Are you referring to the core i3 version? because that one is on sale for $599 and can be $499 with edu coupon code. I know because I purchased it after returning my SP4 from amazon twice. Only the core i3 version with windows 10 doesn't come with the pen. M3 is definitely not worth regular price of $899 + tax. I got mine originally for $809 total and didn't think it was that good a deal. I ended up getting the SP3 for $535 since I didn't want to risk getting another defective SP4, but I thought it was a better deal anyway.

raqball

Did MS change that because when I purchased my SP3 i3 it came with the pen...

OP if the $6oo is for the SP3 i3 without a pen then I think the core M is well worth the $250 upgrade cost. My core M is MUCH faster and snappier than my SP3 i3 was...

Testing shows the core M demolishes the i3..

Last edited:

zhanggar

Did you get it in the old box with windows 8? The new i3 with windows 10 comes in a new box, now has 128 gb but it doesn't include the pen. That is the difference between the 64 gb i3 version.

raqball

Did you get it in the old box with windows 8? The new i3 with windows 10 comes in a new box, now has 128 gb but it doesn't include the pen. That is the difference between the 64 gb i3 version.

Ahh I see and thanks for the clarification! Yes I got the SP3 i3 which was the 64GB version shortly after it was released.. So they upped the storage and removed the pen on it.. Interesting..