What's new

Dinosaur

psnative

Checked out the SP3@Best Buy, what an improvement! Thinner, lighter, bigger, & has a fitted power connector. Sure makes my SP1 outdated already.

leeshor

Welcome to the world of (fast moving) technology. What is new today may be old next month.

Max_1981

Administrator
depending on what you use the device for. pro 1 is still a good choice for office and the like...
the it indstry is a $$ eating thing. You don't have to follow every hype and spent your hard-earned money just to get a better benchmark... or does a 4th gen i5 make you type any faster than the 3rd gen? I doubt it...

Greets

Max

murali

i got my brand new SP1 with a completely dead battery! it must be connected to power source always to be alive! sad thing is its still in warranty but i cannot return it since SP1 still isnt launched in my country and i have to pay 44% of price to send it to Microsoft!! but i still love my device...upgrading to SP3 doesnt make any sense....just look at MS ..they launched SP1 in 2013 and SP3 in 2014! instead of perfecting a product and launching it...they simply launched SP1 , made a fool outta people and then launched a bigger version....all this in just 11 months! this is planned obsolescence, money making plan. maybe we shud try the same with MS and have a look at CEO's face

Max_1981

Administrator
ya, maybe we should. Anyway, where are you from since SP hasn't been released in your country? And how you mean you'd have to pay 44% of the price?

murali

am from India. and to send it back i got sp through my friend who lives in US. that guy didnt check for defects before bringing it to India now am screwed . to send it back i hav to pay a total of 44% of price in form of customs and courier services

Max_1981

Administrator
Did you register your Surface Pro on the Microsoft Website? If it's still within the warranty time (12 or 24 months if you didn't buy a prolonged service plan) Microsoft will pay for the shipping fees I think. As well I think there will be no customs since you are only sending your device in for repair / replacement (meaning that you will get it back). Just ask the Microsoft customers service to send you a written confirmation that you are sending it in to have it repaired. As well you should include a copy of the bill / receipt as proof of your ownership.
I found this website from which you can contact Microsoft customer support for India:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ln=en-in

Finally what you can try is to contact Microsoft India directly:

Microsoft India Office Address and Telephone

Microsoft Corporation (I) Pvt. Ltd.
10th Floor, Tower B & C,
DLF Building No.5 (Epitome),
Cyber City, DLF Phase III,
Gurgaon, 122002

Tel.: 0124 4158000
Fax: 91-124-4158888

Dial toll-free no.
• 1800 102 1100
• 1800 111 100

Direct dial
• +91 80 40103000

They should be able to provide assistance.

Hope I could help you

Cheers

Max

CrippsCorner

Well I've not seen a Surface Pro 3 yet but I'm still completely happy with my original one. It's fast enough for me, and tbh it's rarely used as a tablet. It would just be docked to an external monitor anyway, that's what I spend most of my time looking at!

For some reason I'm obsessed with changing my phone every 12 months (I pay out of my arse for the privilege) but computers... not so bothered. I'll get the Surface Pro 6 or 7 :)

Matt

Yeah new shinies always give me the "I wants". But I'll wait for the Broadwell version at least. For the kind of cash for an SP3 I want a real jump over the SP1. Better battery life would be nice though...

lparsons21

I'm like you, I looked at the SP3 and was enamored, but $1K US is a bit much to spend on what would actually be just another tech toy, although a very nice one!

So instead of spending that much, I just ordered a Power Cover off Ebay. The extra weight won't make a difference to me, but I'll like the longer battery life.

Wayne Orwig

My SP1 does what I bought it for. I'm generally happy with it. In fact I'm not sure I would like the screen size on the SP3. I would like the multi angle stand, and the longer battery life, is about all

So instead of spending that much, I just ordered a Power Cover off Ebay. The extra weight won't make a difference to me, but I'll like the longer battery life.

Maybe this is what I need to look into.