What's new

disappointed with paint finish

I've had my surface now for about a month and while I do understand mobile devices take more of a battering than fixed hardware I do find though that the paint finish is a little underwhelming, I have both the Maroo portfolio and sleeve, I noticed on the corners there is a small spot where the paint has worn off, it's not huge and I can live with it, but I was just disappointed more than anything. I have many other devices from smartphones to digital cameras and all show minor marks but there devices are year or more old, the surface is a month.

I did work out that the pen rubbed on chassis and that is the cause of the problem however the confusing bit is the pen has no damage at all.

unfortunately the mark is on the corner edge so a decal won't cover it and this is part of my frustration, this is an amazing device and has been without question invaluable at work with recent projects, yet I can see the surface looking rough in 6 months times.

has anyone else had similar issues?

Maximus3D

Yep i got a few big patches of scratches (it rhymes!) on the backside of the device. It scratches easily as the surface coating is very thin. Not that it matters to me what the device looks like, as long as it works i'm happy but a bit thicker coating would not hurt.

/ Magnus

Liam2349

Zero scratches, zero wear, and I don't even use a folio, but use the device for hours and hours out of the house each week.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, yeah my year old Surface 2 is still pristine but... I guess you could get an estimate for a paint job at MACCO or Earl Scheib tell them to be careful of the vent holes. :D