What's new

Display at <90 Degree Angle

essendonfooty

Hey folks,

Funny problem, wondering if anyone has found any solutions. My desk at work is quite high up (as is all desks around where I work) and I would like to be able to set the display for my surface to perhaps an 80 or 70 degree angle. Naturally though, not being a normal laptop, gravity takes the wheel here and you cannot do this.

I've tried looking around for stands, however most rely on gravity to keep the surface/tablet propped up. I managed to find one online that kept it secure on both the top and bottom, but it was quite cheaply made and broke quickly on me.

Has anyone found a case or something relatively portable to where you could have the surface itself sit at a 70 degree angle without falling over? Almost seems like you could wedge something in between the keyboard and the display, but I've yet to find any way to make that work.

Would prefer if it is portable since I usually float between work areas and all our desks are quite high (and the chairs are low and unadjustable...) no worries if it is not "pretty" with clamps and things of the like, I'm open to any suggestions...

Thanks!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hey folks,

Funny problem, wondering if anyone has found any solutions. My desk at work is quite high up (as is all desks around where I work) and I would like to be able to set the display for my surface to perhaps an 80 or 70 degree angle. Naturally though, not being a normal laptop, gravity takes the wheel here and you cannot do this.

I've tried looking around for stands, however most rely on gravity to keep the surface/tablet propped up. I managed to find one online that kept it secure on both the top and bottom, but it was quite cheaply made and broke quickly on me.

Has anyone found a case or something relatively portable to where you could have the surface itself sit at a 70 degree angle without falling over? Almost seems like you could wedge something in between the keyboard and the display, but I've yet to find any way to make that work.

Would prefer if it is portable since I usually float between work areas and all our desks are quite high (and the chairs are low and unadjustable...) no worries if it is not "pretty" with clamps and things of the like, I'm open to any suggestions...

Thanks!
I use the cover to my MS Wedge Keyboard for this purpose, but prior to that I used this:
https://www.amazon.com/Apor-Portable-Adjustable-Smartphones-E-Readers/dp/B01E441N5I/

It isn't 100% stable on a longed tablet like the SP3/4