What's new

Display Driver Errors driving me crazy..!!!

jeffsmithy

Why does this keep popping up? I really , really want to love this laptop...but damn its driving me crazy...not using Edge has helped a lot of issues, but the Display Driver Error pop up is making me crazy...

leeshor

Download the drivers from the Intel site. It will impact the battery. There are now several threads and quite a few posts on this already.

smaug

Is the driver newer than what's in Windows Update? And did you mean to say that the newer driver is harder on battery life?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Intel driver is a reference driver and hasn't been modified or optimized for the specific device so they aren't tuned for battery life.

cmatvchuk

After installing the insider preview Version 1511 (OS Build 10576) the screen issue subsided as well as the issues with Edge.

mkenny28

I wonder why some are getting these errors and others aren't. I have not received a single display error; Maybe it is model dependent? I have the I7/512GB/16GB dGPU model.

I wonder why some are getting these errors and others aren't. I have not received a single display error; Maybe it is model dependent? I have the I7/512GB/16GB dGPU model.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the devices with the dGPU? I have the $1500 base model and haven't had a single display driver issue.

cmatvchuk

I also have the I7/512GB/16GB dGPU. The fast ring insider preview build resolved it. Actually, the problem is with the Intel 520 drivers as well as the camera driver. Perhaps when it installed the latest build it resolved it. I know that some have wiped them clean and reinstalled fresh and downloaded the surface book driver package from Microsoft and are not having any issues.