What's new

Display glass broken

Fish123

Hi,

I have my surface 3 since 2 weeks now. Yesterday I went to the beach and put a few things in my bag (camera, surface, ebook reader etc). The bag didn't fell or something else. When I was at home again the Glas of the surface was broken.
Any advise what to do? See also the pic
tmp_19002-WP_20150817_16_56_47_Pro (2)810469357.jpg

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Covered under Complete Care. Get complete care immediately if you don't have it, you can buy it online.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about your broken screen. If you did not already have Microsoft Complete insurance, then it is too late for that device. There are repair shops around the world that now can fix the Surface Pro 3 devices.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
/Opinion
Health Insurance companies are now required to accept patients with preexisting conditions, it's the law. This is no different with the stipulation you only have 45 days from purchase to get coverage at all. Having worked at an Insurance company in the past I believe they have considered these situations in their model.

When I called for service on my AC unit they offered me a service contract that covered the repair charges at a substantial discount, same difference.

The cost of goodwill more than offsets the cost of ill will. Complete coverage plus the deductible fee will more than cover actual costs of repair anyway.
/Opinion

Written Policy notwithstanding, some will stick to the letter of the policy while others will show discretionary latitude. There are cases sited in these forums of discretionary latitude being exercised and some where is was not.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
OP
F

Fish123

Thank you! Anybody know what Microsoft willl take for changing the display?
I live in Germany - until now I didn't see the Microsoft complete insurance. I just can get the business insurance for 270 dollars. Half of the new price...