Display resolution problem

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by stranger4all, Oct 15, 2014.

1. stranger4all

stranger4all Member

Hi fellow memebers

a few days back i connected my SP2 to my TV via HDMI after that the display resolutions are all changed , i tried reverting back from the display options but still i am not able to return to my previous resolutions , all programs are smaller now , and when coppying something from excel table and pasting it as a picture i am unable to get the full table picture rather just a small part of that picture. does anyone know who i can revert back to the orignal display settings of the SP2

currently tried : 1600 x 900 and 1920 x 1080

Thanks.

2. toaf

toaf Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    do you know what your resolution was before? and did you mirror your display or had it as a 2nd? i think there is a few different things that could have gone wacko. i would try to max out the setting (without a 2nd monitor hooked up) and see if that's the size. i lowered mine so it would be close to my 1600/1200 monitor when docked. and 1600/900 when not docked. that way i only loose 300 on the vertical. if going hdmi... make its kinda tough to find a good resolution for both

3. stranger4all

stranger4all Member

No i don't know my last resolution but it was the default one from start , i never changed , and i connected only on the second display i.e. second screen only. can you provide any solution to revert back.

4. jefhart

jefhart Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    The default resolution is 1920x1080. You may also try going into control panel -> display -> and then play with the smaller, medium, larger configurations.

5. toaf

toaf Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    when your trying to put it back i hope it isnt connected to a 2nd monitor, it might makes thing funky if you havent had pratice with a 2nd monitor and resolution changes.
    just have the surface not hooked up to anything, and change the resolution to the deafult 1920/1080 (or just max it out)

6. stranger4all

stranger4all Member

i tried that , i rarely connect to a second display just to watch movies on my TV , i have tried changing the display without anything connected but still the display wont go back to the default :(

please help. display issue 1.JPG display issue 2.JPG

7. toaf

toaf Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    that looks high to me. or are you talking about what your internet explorer is doing? your desktop looks high.

8. jefhart

jefhart Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    That is actually 1600x900. Can you take a screenshot of the screen resolution settings with the drop down of sizes open?