What's new

Do Not BUY SP3. You will be sorry

bluegrass

That's a pretty strong post header considering you're talking to a lot of MS product owners. Just sayin'. Man, I've been so happy up until now with my SP3. Thinkin' I should take it back to the MS store and say "take this Surface and shove it".

Last edited:

lonaysta

That's a pretty strong post header considering you talking to a lot of MS product owners. Just sayin'. Man, I've been so happy up until now with my SP3. Thinkin' I should take it back to the MS store and say "take this Surface and shove it".

Agreed. It simply does not make sense with a thread header like this...According to what I know, Microsoft is offering quite good overall service on Surface line even in China where a number of users make up stories to let Microsoft replace their broken devices even if they are faulty....
I'm also experiencing issue with my Surface Pro 3's warranty service and in fact the Surface support team is nothing close to efficient and effective this time with my case. However I think they are doing an okay job, at lease they are trying to. I'm not quite happy with it but with all my previous experience with Microsoft I'm going to give them a chance before filing a second negative feedback(I already did once on a Care Team member).
IMO there are quite a lot of helpful community members online who are willing to share advice to help you. But posting a thread with header "Do Not ever Buy a MS product" is making no sense. Really. This will neither solve your issue, nor hinder others from buying. No offense.

lparsons21

The way I look at it is that if you are going to charge Apple like prices for the Surface, then you need to have service and support as good as Apple's. And that's just not the case all too many times.

unruledboy

worst come to worst, bad experience does not necessarily mean the product is bad.

tell me you don't use Windows

OP
M

mmoran27

I never said it was a bad product I said if you ever need warranty support prepare for many levels of incompetence.

1) call center most likely is outsourced
2) escalation doesn't seem to do much
3) they are dishonest about the return time

From MS repair facility in Mexico to Laredo facility is 10 days (FedEx told me this)

VickiFL

I have the two year warranty, and they said if I ever have ANY problems, just come right into the store and they will take care of it right then. I was discussing a pen issue and they said if I have anymore problems, they will just swap it out for a new one.

They have always been nice and helpful. I don't understand why you are having so much trouble. :(

ipaq_101

I have contacted MS support four times. I even did a in store exchange for a minor cosmetic issue in the first batch and they exchanged it without hassle, they didn't have to do it either.

I have had to contact them for pen tips (twice) and a defective power cord. The service was top notch and again without any hassle to me.

Not everyone will have the same uniform experience, but I would guess that majority have had positive results with MS service.

I am sure you are upset, but starting a thread saying don't ever buy a MS product because I had a bad experience is just silly.

Tom Thomas

I also have had excellent service from MS support. I had a problem with my battery not charging to 100%. They had me try a couple of things that didn't work and then suggested a refresh. I didn't want to do it at that time so they gave me a reference # and said if the problem persisted after the refresh to contact them again. Well it did, so I contacted them 2 days ago and they decided to send me a replacement. It arrived today!
Not bad service

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forgive my confusion, but you started off saying you had some artifacts, and now you're saying it was damaged in transit and there is a claim against fedex

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forgive my confusion, but you started off saying you had some artifacts, and now you're saying it was damaged in transit and there is a claim against fedex
So either FedEx damaged it OR it wasn't packed correctly. Need photos of original packing for proof. The last person with this problem had put it in a shoe box, how do you even get it in a shoe box?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what are these artifacts being spoken of? My understanding of an artefact (in a computing context) has never come under the umbrella of physical damage, but more a software issue as a result of faulty internal hardware. Not something that would be anything to do with fedex. IOnly thing fedex could be responsible for would be scratched/cracked screen or damaged outer casing/packaging. Not things i would call artefacts.

OP
M

mmoran27

Just got old one back. Smashed to smithereens. It bends just like iphone 6 plus.

image.jpg