What's new

Do Surface Pros tend to get cheap on Black Friday?

dsfa

Do Surface Pros tend to get cheap on Black Friday? How cheap were they on last black Friday?
I am thinking of waiting till Black Friday to get a new Surface pro 3 or 4.
Do you think it is worth waiting? (I heard Microsoft shop only gave $150 discount for SP3 which is like normal in Amazon everyday, but I am not sure with other vendors)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dint know if you'll see that great a bargain. The Sp3 sells well enough that they dint really have to worry about crash prices. Most real "bargains" at black Friday seem to be what I wouldn't consider bargains at all, just reductions to clear products no one would normally buy, like obscurely branded televisions or crap from Samsung.

The announcement and release of the sp4 is naturally going to throw all the cards in the air though. Anything could happen.

jrioux

Do Surface Pros tend to get cheap on Black Friday? How cheap were they on last black Friday?
I am thinking of waiting till Black Friday to get a new Surface pro 3 or 4.
Do you think it is worth waiting? (I heard Microsoft shop only gave $150 discount for SP3 which is like normal in Amazon everyday, but I am not sure with other vendors)
I got a great deal on my RT on an online Black Friday sale. It was only $250 including the touch cover. However, I don't recall the Pros having comparable deals on Black Friday. Unless MS intends to keep selling the SP3 along side the SP4, I imagine that SP3s will be out of stock by late November.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just had a quick look and the sp2 got a 200 dollar cut around the launch of the sp3.

Worth baring in mind though that the sp2 did not sell well so there was a good cause for it. Finally.dump that unwanted stock. The sp3 on the other hand continues to be in demand so who knows. There will certainly ha e to be some ki d of price drop though if they intend to sell inventory once the sp4 arrives.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a great deal on my RT on an online Black Friday sale. It was only $250 including the touch cover. However, I don't recall the Pros having comparable deals on Black Friday. Unless MS intends to keep selling the SP3 along side the SP4, I imagine that SP3s will be out of stock by late November.
The RT's were liquidated though... i.e. MS wrote them off (900 million) and sold them all to "junk" dealers for a song.