What's new

Does anyone really want a SP3 but is also waiting for the i7?

scottysize

Nope. Decided that if I wanted an i7, I'd want the Broadwell chip that won't be out until late this year, early next year. I'll pick up one then, if I find I "need" an i7.

OP
macmee

macmee

Nope. Decided that if I wanted an i7, I'd want the Broadwell chip that won't be out until late this year, early next year. I'll pick up one then, if I find I "need" an i7.

So you're keeping your SP1/SP2 and waiting until next year?

olimjj

According to jnjroach the Broadwell Surface model will not be out until Q2 2015

hmhoshino

I am waiting to order the 256 GB i7 when it is on the the AAFES site 6/20. It will be worth waiting, because it is a military store with no tax and free shipping with a far better warranty that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Why are extended warranties so outrageous?
I can save so much money and the wait will be worth it.

I forgot to mention that I just got a Nokia Icon from Verizon to go with new SP3.
Henry

Last edited:

mtalinm

I'm waiting, but mostly because I want the 512G disk. Almost out of space on my SP2/256. I doubt the i7 will be all that much faster than the i5...not like it's a "real" full-speed i7 chip. I have a laptop that is and it's light=years faster than the Surface.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have the i7 on order, and am waiting until August shipping. Meanwhile, I love the SP2, and use it multiple times daily, and for international travel. Because I also bring my iPad, this will be a good test of (for me) whether the SP3 satisfies all.

Deryl McCarty

want SP3 now, but ordered the i7/256 and will wait. Mtalinm - understand filling a 256 and needing more, but have you tried the 128GB micro SDXC on your SP2 (which is probably transferrable to the SP3 in a heartbeat)?

mtalinm

want SP3 now, but ordered the i7/256 and will wait. Mtalinm - understand filling a 256 and needing more, but have you tried the 128GB micro SDXC on your SP2 (which is probably transferrable to the SP3 in a heartbeat)?

OneDrive, SugarSync, Dropbox won't sync an external drive. so, no that doesn't help me as I back up everything I have online. I do have a card in the sdxc slot but never use it...wish it fit in my phone

Deryl McCarty

mtalinm - my primary storage for documents/pics/music (don't have much of that) etc is my sdxc and OneDrive sync's from there. And the phone I have (1520) does have an sd slot which is full of virtually the same docs as my SP2 8/256. But in these cases still have 64GB micros...I will be buying 128s from Amazon soon - well by August anyway.