What's new

Does SP3 Type cover have a numlock?

MisterLeosh

Does the SP3 have a numlock? I know the on screen keyboard does, but does the type cover have one? Please help. Thanks

agt499

Hi - not entirely sure why you'd need one, but while there's nothing built-in you can create shortcuts for missing keys using AutoHotKey.

For example I need an Insert key for some programs, which I get with Win + Del using the AutoHotKey remap code #Delete::Insert
I also like having the Menu/Shortcut key (like right click), which I get with Shift + ALT using the AutoHotKey remap code +RAlt::AppsKey

For numlock with Win + Del you would just need #Delete::Send {numlock}

If you haven't used AutoHotKey it's pretty lightweight -if you have trouble making it go, repost and I can put some more instructions in.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are Bluetooth numeric keypads available (or full keyboards with numeric pad) which might be the best option.

There are key remaping utilities that you *might* be able to use to remap keys to numbers toggling on or off as needed. However, I could not find evidence of anyone dong that which leads me to think it's impractical but that may depend on how desperate you are. :)