What's new

double pen entry

Neko

Since I changed my SP3 and recovered the new one with my hd copy, i have two pen entries in bluetooth settings and can not remove the "false" one - I always get an error message.
Any idea how i can correct this?
upload_2014-11-7_22-58-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-7_22-55-18.png
    upload_2014-11-7_22-55-18.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 595
OP
N

Neko

I had good luck, that my old one was still at the service center. So I connected the old pen and then I could remove it without an error message. Now everything looks fine.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you sorted that. I have two pens, because I leave one in my travel bag, and the other usually is attached to my type cover. So I also have two Bluetooth entries.

Now, I'm waiting for Microsoft to fix the pen connection issues with Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9860.

Tom van Rueth

But normally under Windows 8.1 there is no problem to work with 2 styluses ?
Cause I'd like a setup like yours - one at home and one permanently in the office.
But that only makes sense if the available stylus connects correctly without any tweaking ...

OP
N

Neko

It is no problem to connect several pen, but why it was not possible to delete the old pen?
When i wanted to delet it, i got only error messages. Only after connecting the old pen, i could remove it - if the shop had already sent my old surface to Microsoft, i could never delete the old pen entry.