What's new

Download DVD movies to Surface 2 for watching anywhere

PavtubeVideo

Microsoft launched the next-generation Surface 2 and Surface 2 Pro at an event in New York City on Sept 23, pairing them with a number of new covers and other accessories designed to enhance the functionality of the basic Surface experience.

surface-2-with-keyboard-420x215.jpg

It’s also a good media player and game machine to meet our personal entertainment needs. This article is written specially for movie lovers, who always watch movies on Surface 2. In which, i will give you an easy and fast solution to put DVD movies or videos on Surface 2.

When we talk about DVDs, you may think of a large number of DVD discs. But, in my opinion, DVD movies have various forms. disc is just one of them. Actually, with a 3rd party tool, we can extract the DVD movie out. When you back up the DVD on your computer, you will get a DVD folder, it include DVD ISO and DVD IFO image. These two forms contain all the information of the movie. As we know, we need a DVD drive to help us reading and playing DVD movies. But, Surface 2 doesn’t have one. Have problems to play DVD on Surface 2? Read the following article carefully.

First of all, let me introduce a tool for you. The one named Pavtube DVD Ripper. Which Supports 1:1 DVD archiving, quickly backup DVDs with no quality loss to your hard drive as well as backup the main movie files with selected chapters you like. The main function of it is converting DVD to any other video formats. Now, just follow me to learn how to convert DVD movies for Surface 2.

In advance, you should download and install the DVD to Surface 2 converter as the best Windows 8 DVD converter on your computer. Mac users should use the Mac version.

Step 1. Insert your DVD disc into the CD-ROM, if you convert DVD discs. Of course, you can also convert DVD backups, like DVD ISO or IFO image. Run the program, click the Corresponding icon to import your DVD movie.

dvd-ripper-steps.png

Step 2. You can edit your movie with crop, trim, split, etc. Or diectly choose video format for Surface 2. Click on “Format > Windows > Microsoft Surface Windows RT H.264 Video (*.mp4)”.

microsoft-surface-rt-preset.jpg

Step 3. Click on “Settings” to get best video settings for Surface 2.

Video
Codec: h264
Size (pix):1920*1080
Bitrate(kbps):5000
Frame Rate (fps): original

Audio
Codec:aac
Sample Rate (hz):48000
Bitrate(bps):160000
Channels: Stereo

Step 4. Hit the “Convert” button to start ripping DVD movies for Surface 2.

Wait for a while, you will get the converted movie file. Transfer it to Surface 2. Then you can watch DVD movies on Surface 2. Hope my article really helps.